NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
NSS Unit Kohima College, Motto: "NOT ME BUT YOU"
Aim: Development of the personality of students through community service.
- To work with/among people;
- To engage in creative and constructive social action;
- To enhance his/her knowledge of himself/herself and the community;
- To put his/her scholarship to practical use in mitigating at least some of the problems;
- To gain skills in the exercise of democratic leadership;
- To gain skills in programme development to enable him/her for self-employment;
- To bridge the gulf between the educated and uneducated masses;
- To promote the will to serve the weaker section of the community.
NSS Volunteers: Any student enrolled as NSS Volunteer should put at least 120 hours of social work in a year for a continuous period of two years i.e. 240 hours in two years.
- To establish rapport with the people in the project area;
- Identify needs, problems and resources of the community;
- Plan programmes and carry out the plans;
- Relate his learning and experience towards finding solutions to the problems identifies; and
- Record the activities in his work diary systematically and assess the progress periodically and effect changes as and when needed.
NSS Programme Officers
i) Ketholelie Terhüja – Convener
ii) Jimokali Z.Zhimo – Secretary
iii) Dziesevituo Sachü – Member
iv) Seneli Apon Rengm – Member