NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
NSS Unit Kohima College, Motto: "NOT ME BUT YOU"
Aim: Development of the personality of students through community service.
- To work with/among people;
- To engage in creative and constructive social action;
- To enhance his/her knowledge of himself/herself and the community;
- To put his/her scholarship to practical use in mitigating at least some of the problems;
- To gain skills in the exercise of democratic leadership;
- To gain skills in programme development to enable him/her for self-employment;
- To bridge the gulf between the educated and uneducated masses;
- To promote the will to serve the weaker section of the community.
NSS Volunteers: Any student enrolled as NSS Volunteer should put at least 120 hours of social work in a year for a continuous period of two years i.e. 240 hours in two years.
- To establish rapport with the people in the project area;
- Identify needs, problems and resources of the community;
- Plan programmes and carry out the plans;
- Relate his learning and experience towards finding solutions to the problems identifies; and
- Record the activities in his work diary systematically and assess the progress periodically and effect changes as and when needed.
Recent Activities: (Kohima College)
- 31st October 2014: NSS unit Kohima College observed " Rashtriya Ekta Diwas " (National Unity Day )
- 16th October 2014:NSS unit Kohima College observed " Swachh Bharat Abhiyan "
- 3rd - 7th February 2014: Six NSS Volunteers attended the ' North - East Youth Festival ' at Mizoram.
- 12th - 14th November 2013: Six NSS Volunteers attended ' Youth Festival ' which was held in Manipur.
- 21st - 30th October 2013: Two NSS Volunteers, Shri. Kezha and Smt. Riiyangunuo attended Pre - Republic Day Camp which was held at Salt Lake Studium, Kolkata.
- 31st July 2013: Four NSS Volunteers took part in a ' Blood Donation Camp ' which was held at Red - Cross building, Kohima.
- 21st - 30th September 2012: Two NSS Volunteers, Shri. Riikuolhoulie Whourie and Smt. Khriephrenuo kuotsu attended Pre - Republic Day Camp which was held in Guwahati.
- 21st - 23rd June 2012: A special camp was held at the adopted village.
- Nzan- Convenor
- Mhale – Secretary