A 50 bedded girl’s hostel is available, equipped with all modern facilities. Another proposal for a 200 bedded hostels for girls and boys have been put up to the government.
- Occupancy :Single and double occupancy rooms are both available. Furniture includes study tables, chairs and cloth racks for each occupant.
- Rooms in the hostel:There is a common visitor lounge, common kitchen and dining hall, toilets and bathing room. All together there are 28 rooms in the girl’s hostel building. The hostel also has a recreational hall which can be used for other activities such as post dinner talk, prayer meetings; quiz competitions which are a part of the hostel activities.
RULES & REGULATION FOR U.G.C. WOMEN’s HOSTEL, KOHIMA COLLEGE
- All the residents of the hostel must be in the hostel positively by 5:30 P.M. (Summer) 5:00P.M. (Winter). Defaulters will be strictly dealt with and may lead to expulsion from the hostel which would automatically mean expulsion from the college.
- Hostellers going out during the day must fill in the details in the Day-out register and sign while going and coming.
- All hostellers are required to attend classes regularly. No one must be in the hostel during the class hour.
- Leave can be availed during weekends with the permission of the Warden. Leave must be applied for in advance. No telephonic request for leave will be entertained under any circumstance.
- No electrical appliance ((like iron, heaters, immersion rod, electrical kettle etc) are allowed to be used in the rooms.
- All hostellers must be present in person at attendance time in the evening. Attendance will be taken daily by the Warden or Prefect.
- All girls must be in their respective rooms by 7:00 P.M. after which silence must be maintained.
- Hostellers indulging in drinking, smoking, drugs or any other immoral activity will be out rightly expelled.
- The warden reserves the right to check the rooms time to time.
- Male visitors are not allowed inside the rooms. However, girls can meet their visitors in the entrance foyer.
- Any rules can be changed at the discretion of the Warden/Principal.