Kohima College has an RTI cell since the enforcement of the Act came into being in Nagaland in 2005. The Principal of the college is assigned as the PIO by virtue of the post. It is an Act to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities, in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority.
Any citizen who wishes to obtain information can submit an application on plain paper in English, Hindi or local language addressed to the PIO with Rs 10 as application fee. Make the application specific, clear and comprehensive about the information you need or the work and records you want to inspect, or the certified samples of materials you want to collect. Mention the period of records you want, the form and the mode of communication in which you want the information. If a request cannot be made in writing, you can seek the assistance of the PIO to reduce oral requests to writing or to assist you in case you are a disabled person.
Fees & Cost:
- Application fee = Rs. 10.00
- A4/A3 paper = Rs. 2.00 per page
- Larger paper =actual cost;
- Printed publications = actual cost; photocopies/extracts of printed publications.
- Floppy/diskette = Rs. 50.00 per disk
- Samples/models = actual cost;
- Inspection of records = Free for the 1st hour and Rs. 5.00 for each subsequent hour.
- No fee for BPL applicants.
- Payment can be made by Cash /demand draft/ cheque.
- The information will not be provided to you until you pay the cost. Information will be provided free of cost if provided after the time limit.
The college has been providing all the information requested by the citizens and so far no disputes or complaints has been received by any citizens on the ground of not providing proper information
RTI CELL, KOHIMA COLLEGE
- Principal : P.I.O
- Vice Principal : A.P.I.O
- Evothung : Secretary
- H.A :Member
- HODs : Co-opt Members