Kohima College, located in the scenic hillock of Kruoliezou, Kohima, was established on the 9th August 1967. This educational institute holds the distinction of being the first private college offering higher education in the branch of Humanities for the first time in Kohima, the capital of Nagaland. The College owes its existence to the founding members; four far sighted individuals from Kohima Village, who shared a common concern which was the need for an Academic Institution in Kohima. This pressing need was especially felt for youths from economically weaker sections of the society, who did not possess the means to travel outside the state for further studies. This requirement was all the more urgent since there was no institution offering Higher Studies program/s in the field of Humanities in Kohima at that point of time. In light of this predicament, Dr. Neilhouzhü Kire, Dr. Satuo Sekhose, Mr. Vibeilie Solo and Mr. Vilalhoulie Belho together rose to the challenge and created history by establishing the College.
Kohima College during the initial years offered only evening classes and these classes were held at the old Middle English School building and Union Baptist Church, Kohima. In 1969 however, the College was asked to vacate the aforementioned school building whereupon classes were shifted to an old dilapidated Primary School building located at the Mission Compound. ...Read More
- To kindle and nurture the intellectual aspect of the students to make them intelligent, independent, resourceful and capable individuals.
- To instill in the minds of the learners the value of academic excellence and pursuit of knowledge and learning.
- To train them to become not only informed leaders but also to shape into agenst of social chage prepared for concerted social action.Read More
Vision of the Institution
The College pledges not only to strive for Excellence, but also to prepare and nurture integrated personalities— men and women whose intellectual, mental, moral and physical faculties have been harmoniously developed— to become ideal persons and citizens who understand the meaning of life and what it demands from them.Read More
- SELECTED LIST FOR ADMISSION INTO B.A. & B.COM. 1st SEMESTERS 2020July 10, 2020
- KOHIMA COLLEGE, KOHIMA ORGANISES WEBINAR ON “EMPOWERING TEACHERS FOR EFFECTIVE ONLINE TEACHING: TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES”June 23, 2020
- RICE CLEANING AT ‘BETHEL KITCHEN’, NBCC CONVENTION, FOR QUARANTINE CENTRESJune 23, 2020
- IQAC, KOHIMA COLLEGE ON WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY, 2020June 23, 2020
- Notification (Payment Error)June 19, 2020
- RESEARCH CELL & IQAC, KOHIMA COLLEGE CONDUCTS NATIONAL SEMINAR ON EMERGING DEBATES AND ISSUES IN NORTHEAST INDIANovember 20, 2019
- SOCIAL SURFING WORKSHOP ON ONLINE SAFETY- August 29, 2017.August 29, 2017
- Woven Words: A collection of women poetry released- August 19th, 2017August 19, 2017
- LIVE BROADCAST ON INDEPENDENCE DAY PROGRAMME – 15th, August, 2017August 15, 2017
- TRIP TO DOORDARSHAN KENDRA ON 11th August, 2017August 11, 2017