Departmental Profile : Functional English Department
Smti. Chathavino Sakhrie Chielie
HoD, Department of Education
- M.A. English (TESL)
The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad. 2006-2008.
- employed on contract basis (from 16th July 2014-2016)
- Asst. Teacher at Northfield for 3 academic years teaching English and Alt’ English to
Higher secondary and high school students.
- Member : Friends of Nature Club
- Member: Cooking Cell
Smti. Neikehienuo Mepfhű-o
- M.Phil. (English), Nagaland University, 2013
- ELT (English Language Teaching), SCERT, 2009.
- M.A. (English), Nagaland University, 2008
- Currrently a Ph.D Candidate in Language Studies Department (Batch of 2013)
at Assam Don Bosco University, Guwahati,
Teaching Experience :
- Presently employed on contract basis (from 16th July 2014 till date)
- Member: Research Cell
- Presented a paper on “Storytelling in Louise Erdrich’s Love Medicine and Tracks” at,br/> the 12th MELUS/MELOW (Multi Ethnic Literatures of the United States and Multi Ethnic Literatures of the World)
International Conference at Punjab University, Chandigarh (February 8-10, 2013).
- Oral Tradition of Storytelling in Native American and Naga Literature. Anthropology Today:
An International Peer Reviewed NEIRA (North East Institute for Research in Anthropology), Volume 1, No. 1. Shillong. (ISSN 2454-2709).
- The Oral Tradition of Storytelling in Native American Literature Focusing on the Select Works of Louise Erdrich. Kohima College Journal, Volume 1, Kohima. (ISSN )
Smti. Maongla Yaden
- M.Phil. (Linguistics), Jawaharlal Nehru University, 2010.
- M.A. (Linguistics), Delhi University, 2004.
- Member: Red Cross
- Member: Cooking Cell
- Asst. Professor, on contractual basis, Kohima College, Kohima: 2015 till date.
- Guest Faculty, School of Engineering, Technology and
Management (SETAM)Dimapur Nagaland University: 2013-2014.
- Teacher, Ministers Hill Baptist Higher Secondary School, Kohima: 2005-2007.
- Teacher, Asian Human Resource Development Centre, Phnom Penh Cambodia: 2001-2002.
- Office Automation.
Smti. Cheryl Z. W Kevichusa
- M.A. in English Literature, University of Delhi.
- PG Dip. in TVNR and Soft Skills. IMSIT. YMCA, New Delhi.
- PDCTE (undergoing), The English and Foreign Language University, Hyderabad.
- Presently employed on contract basis (from May, 2016 till present).
- Soft Skills Trainer for ITE and Soft Skills course, NIELIT (2016 till present)
- Part-time anchor/host at Doordarshan Kendra, Kohima.
Extra curricular duties:
- Secretary: Mass Media Cell, KCK.
- Administrator: College Website, KCK.
- Member: Friends of Nature Club. KCK.
- Invigilator: Nagaland Civil Service (Preliminary)Exam, 2017.
- Question Paper Setter and Evaluation work, Nagaland University.